On 14-Feb-05, at 2:17 PM, Guido wrote:
Because I could not get the ready compiled binaries to work I decided to
compile them myself from CVS. I got all the desired packages such as tetex,

I assume you're working from the unstable CVS? I highly recommend that you attempt to get compiled binaries; failing that, try a stable tarball (2.4.3 or 2.4.4). If you're determined to use the unstable branch, then use an unstable tarball (2.5.11). Unstable is currently undergoing many changes right now, so the CVS might be broken at any time, completely unrelated to your particular setup.

Cheers,
- Graham