Hi Pang,

This won't help for MIDI, as has been pointed out, but you did not specify
that.

Here's my function for metronome marks, which allows you to use notes in
them. I have a whole bunch of related functions, some with boxes, some with
additional text parameters and so on. You can obviously put any number you
like in here. [I have edited this a little, because I use custom had made
fonts for notes and I just deleted all that for this example to help, so it
may not be quite so beautiful as in my own context.]

I am pretty sure every man and his dog is going to criticise the idea of a
metro mark of 72.5, as players, if this is for humans, can't attain that
accuracy. No metronome I have, mechanical or digital, will let me set a
fractional tempo. Just saying.

Andrew

%=====

metroMark =
#(define-event-function (duration arg y-offset)
   (ly:duration? markup? (number? 0))
   #{
     ^\markup
     {
       %\with-color #(x11-color 'grey50)
       \raise #y-offset \concat {
         {
           \score {
             \new Staff \with {
               \remove "Staff_symbol_engraver"
               \remove "Time_signature_engraver"
               \remove "Clef_engraver"
             }
             { \relative c'' { \stemUp \omit Accidental c$duration } }
             \layout {
               indent = 0
               ragged-right = ##t
         \sans \fontsize #-1 #arg