Hi David,

Interesting, I emailed the following to the list but for the first time
ever it was rejected by the list moderator (person or software?) for being
too large, yet it is not. Anyway, I mention here Karim Haddid's help for
me, and sure enough, he has also posted. I'll copy the text ere, and send
the PDF to you personally off list to avoid this strange problem.

====

Hi David,

Currently I do not have a lot of time to look into your problem, but this
does remind me of work I have done for my current String Quartet engraving.
It's a New Complexity composition by a colleague (all 300 pages of it) and
some parts are in polymeter and in different tempos. Here attached is an
extract of one of those sections, which demonstrates a system comprised of
four instruments with staves that end at different positions - two duos.
This reminded me of your score.

If of interest, I can send you the code for this privately.

You can find out about how this is done in the NR under the polymeter
section. It involves a subtle use of scaled durations. I must also
acknowledge Karim Haddid who helped me very much achieving this result. I
will say in advance that setting up the proportional ratios for this
section involved a large amount of thinking (and headache tablets).

====

Andrew