That would be great!

So far I've seen:

* I'd remove the bass staff completely
* the paper block should be removed (fonts are injected through Frescobaldi)
* all the other stuff with the layout blocks and the score-markup header works
without problem.

The only remaining issue is that the example will rely on the presence of the
lilyjazz-chords and lilyjazz-text fonts, but this is something that can be done
through documentation.

(It was pleasantly easy to install the lilyjazz fonts, nice to have them now.)

How about the attached piece? I hereby decree that this supreme work of art be subject to CC BY 4.0. ;-)

Best
Lukas

\version "2.19.33"

\paper {
  #(define fonts
     (set-global-fonts
      #:music "lilyjazz"
      #:brace "lilyjazz"
      #:roman "lilyjazz-text"
      #:sans "lilyjazz-chord"
      #:factor (/ staff-height pt 20)
      ))
}

\paper {
  indent = 0\mm
  system-system-spacing.padding = 5
  markup-system-spacing = #'((basic-distance . 23)
                             (minimum-distance . 8)
                             (padding . 3))
}

title = "The Quick Brown Fox"
composer = "-Moser"
meter = "(Uptempo ballad)"

realBookTitle = \markup {
  \score {
    {
      \override TextScript.extra-offset = #'(0 . -4.5)
      s4
      s^\markup {
        \fill-line {
          \fontsize #1 \lower #1 \rotate #7 \concat { " " #meter }
          \fontsize #8
          \override #'(offset . 7)
          \override #'(thickness . 6)
          \underline \sans #title
          \fontsize #1 \lower #1 \concat { #composer " " }

    \layout {
      \once \override Staff.Clef.stencil = ##f
      \once \override Staff.TimeSignature.stencil = ##f
      \once \override Staff.KeySignature.stencil = ##f
      ragged-right = ##f
      %   \override TextScript.font-name = #"Pea Missy with a Marker"

\header {
  title = \realBookTitle
  tagline = ##f
}

theNotes = \relative c' {
  \set Staff.midiInstrument = "flute"
  \key f \major
  % \showStartRepeatBar
  \partial 8
  c8
  \bar "[|:"
  \repeat volta 2 {
    a'4 r g r
    f4 bes2.
    \tuplet 3/2 { a4 g f } g4 a8 a~
    a2~ 8 es4 d8
    bes'4 r \tuplet 3/2 { d( c) bes }
    a8 g~ g2 f4
    a1
    b2. e,4
    \bar "||"
    \key a \major
    cis'2 e
    b4. e8~ e4 e,
    a2 cis
    gis4. cis8~ 2
    fis,2 gis4 a8 b~
    b a4. gis4 a
    e1~
    2. 4
    cis'2 e4. fis8~
    4 e2 e,4
    fis2 a4. b8~
    4 a2.
    d,2 e4( f)
    g4 f es des
    a'1(
    c2~ 8) d,4 c8
    \bar ":|]"

theChords = \chordmode {
  s8
  f2 a:7 |
  bes4:maj7 g2.:m7.5- |
  bes2:maj7/c c:9 |
  es:11+ d:7.9- |
  g1:m7 |
  bes:m6 |
  b:m7 |
  e:9 |
  a |
  e/gis |
  fis:m |
  cis2:m/e a:9 |
  d2:maj7.9 d:6 |
  dis1:dim7 |
  e:sus4.7 |
  e:7 |
  a |
  cis:m7.5- |
  d |
  d:m6/f |
  bes:maj7 |
  g:m7.5- |
  f/c |
  bes2/c c:7 |
}

theWords = \lyricmode {
  The quick brown fox jumps
  o -- ver the la -- zy dog __
  while the five box -- ing wi -- zards
  jump quick -- ly,
  oh Sphinx of black quartz,
  oh Sphinx of black quartz,
  dear Sphinx of black __ quartz judge my vow, __
  oh Sphinx of black quartz,
  my Sphinx of black quartz,
  Sphinx of __ black quartz judge my vow. __
  'cause the
}

\score {
  <<
    \new ChordNames \theChords

    \new Voice = vocalVoice \theNotes

    \new Lyrics \lyricsto vocalVoice \theWords

  \layout {
    % make only the first clef visible
    %  \override Score.Clef #'break-visibility = #'#(#f #f #f)

    % make only the first time signature visible
    %   \override Score.KeySignature #'break-visibility = #'#(#f #f #f)

    % allow single-staff system bars
    %   \override Score.SystemStartBar #'collapse-height = #1

    % set lyric hyphens thickness
    \override LyricHyphen.thickness = #4

    % set score volta bracket font
    %  \override Score.VoltaBracket.font-name = #"Pea Missy with a Marker"
  }

  \midi {
    \tempo 2 = 64