Attempting to follow the instructions here for setting a breakpoint

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/contributor/debugging-scheme-code

gets me several errors:

/Applications/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/share/lilypond/current/ly/guile-debugger.ly:39:2:
error: GUILE signaled an error for the expression beginning here
#
 (use-modules (ice-9 readline))
no code for module (ice-9 readline)
/Applications/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/share/lilypond/current/ly/guile-debugger.ly:40:2:
error: GUILE signaled an error for the expression beginning here
#
 (activate-readline)
Unbound variable: activate-readline

 Guile debugger for Lilypond
 For help enter (debug-help)
/Applications/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/share/lilypond/current/ly/guile-debugger.ly:46:2:
error: GUILE signaled an error for the expression beginning here
#
 (use-modules (scm guile-debugger))
no code for module (ice-9 debugger command-loop)

This seems to mean I should install Guile modules that Lilypond doesn't
install by default, but I haven't been able to work out from the doc *where* to
install them so that Lilypond will be able to find them. Any suggestions on
how to get started with this?

Thanks,
LV