Hi Mike,

On Tue, Oct 29, 2019 at 1:34 PM Mike Kilmer <m...@mzoo.org> wrote:

> I did something along these lines a couple of years ago using something
> called lytex, which if I recall correctly sort of combines Tex typesetting
> with Lilypond.
>
> You can check out the main file (and entire codebase) here:
> https://github.com/MikeiLL/hymnal-Vol-II/blob/master/lilypond/hymnal.lytex
> .
>
> I forget what I was using Arara for, but I think that the way I have it
> set up Arara needs to be configured on your rendering computer to render
> the tex file and then that compiles.
>
> There’s also something called lilypond-book, but I think that’s more for
> including small clips of music within text.

I thought lilypond-book was what processed .lytex files?

Either way, going to full-fledged TeX seems like overkill for my purposes
-- but I will definitely keep it in mind if I find myself spending a lot of
time fighting against Lilypond's text handling.

Thanks,
Sol

--
Solomon Foster: colo...@gmail.com