It appears to happen because the 2.19 version seems to associate the MIDI
output per-voice instead of per-staff. As a (ugly) workaround I used this
(setting and soon after unsetting a voice):
LilyPond Score

|  |
LilyPond Score

LilyPond Score made using LilyBin.

It works, but I wonder if is there something better for fixing the problem,
even as a workaround...

    Il lunedì 18 novembre 2019, 17:00:36 CET, Paolo Prete