Hi all,

I think this function would be very useful for solving the limitations of
the current cross-staff interface:

crossStaffExpr =  #(define-music-function (parser location staffUpMusic
staffDownMusic beamPosition) (ly:music? ly:music? number?) .....

Example:

\crossStaffExpr =  {  c '[   d'    g'   s    }
                             {  s      s     f '   a']  } # 'BeamUp

(the third parameter can be: BeamUp, BeamDown, or BeamBetween, where
BeamBetween places the beam between the two staves; BeamBetween can only be
used if there are no cross-staff chords)

I ask you if there are any generous volunteers who want to implement it, in
case it requires not so many lines of code.
in case it requires many lines of code, is it worth opening a ticket in the
dev ml?

Thanks in advance