Am 18.01.2020 um 09:36 schrieb David Kastrup:
Bric <b...@flight.us> writes:

I was asking about the latter:  the older versions of guile are not compiling.

Has anyone  run into this?  and solved it?
Take the tip of the branch_release-1-8 branch in the Guile repository.
Thien-Thi Nguyen has kept that compilable even though no official
release is.

This is interesting. A couple of hours ago I had the discussion with
Federico
whether there is a reason for compiling guile in LilyDev postinstall
based on branch_release-1-8 rather
than just taking guile-1.8.8.tar.gz from ftp.gnu.org.
Are the fixes on top of the guile-1.8.8 release really important for us?

Greetings to Salzburg, wishing you a good time there,
Michael