On Mon, Apr 6, 2020 at 4:25 PM Thomas Morley <thomasmorle...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Am Mo., 6. Apr. 2020 um 16:03 Uhr schrieb Paolo Prete <
> paolopr...@gmail.com>:
> >

> > On Mon, Apr 6, 2020 at 3:08 PM Kieren MacMillan <
> kie...@kierenmacmillan.info> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi all,

> >> Is there some reason this shouldn’t be the default?
> >> I can’t imagine Voice-independent pedalling is a feature of more than a
> miniscule fraction of “real world” music.
> >>

> > I totally agree. This should be fixed and, at least, before fixing it,
> Timothy's solution should be added to the official documentation.
> > Best,
> >

> >> Cheers,
> >> Kieren.
>
> I disagree.
>
> If you move the engraver to Staff, then you still have the problem
> that you can't have a pedal with only one of two or three staves in
> PianoStaff
> Usually the piano has one pedal, it is used for the whole music,
> disregarding if the music is written at two or three staves or
> whatever.
> Consequently the engraver should be moved to PianoStaff.

Hi Thomas,

I disagree as well. Piano's pedals can be put in various cases at staff
level. Think for example of a three-staves piano score, with third staff
for *mute* (resonance) notes and Sostenuto pedal, while the second staff
has dynamics and sustain pedal. Even in two-staves scores, when you don't
have enough space and the left hand is silent, it could be useful to put
pedals and dynamics on the right hand (upper staff). But I can list other
situations as well.
Then, a "staff default" seems reasonable to me. In Any case, the "voice"
default appears nonsense to me.

> Best would be to move the engraver as deserved. How to move engravers
> is documented already...
> So I can't see any need to do anything.

Where is it documented, exactly?

I struggled (and googled) a lot before knowing Timothy's tip...

best