Ok I messed around and in fact I did have a rhythm issue. My remaining
question is about controlling whether or not notes double.

With the following .ly file, I want only the first b' to be doubled. The c'
in the second measure should not be.

---pasillo_n1.ly---
\version "2.18.2"
\header {
  title = "Pasillo No. 1"
  composer = "Prof Francisco A. Velasquez"
}
<<
  {
    \time 3/4
    \key g \major
    r8
    <<
      \new Voice = "melody"
      { \voiceThree
        b'-0 cis''-2[ dis''-4] e''-0[ fis''-1] |
        s4 c'''4. b''8 |
        g8[ g'] e''4 r8 fis'' |

      }
      \new Voice { \voiceTwo