Errr... because I don't know enough about Lilypond to distinguish between
an override and a tweak.  I just happened to have found a Lilypond score
(admittedly an old one) which uses overrides to place special symbols next
to notes, and I'm doing that because I can see that it works.  But if
tweaking is the better option, I'll do that instead!

Thank you for the suggestion.

--
https://numbersandshapes.net