Hello Aaron,

You're quite right. I don't need to alter the note duration in the scope --
it's simply a graphical articulation I wish to add, like the tenuto.

I actually do prefer the first solution. The second one for falsobordone
(or current problem). I suppose I could also use markup on the note if it's
a graphical articulation?

Many thanks,
mattfong