Ferenc Wagner wrote:

riccardo orfei <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Ferenc Wagner wrote:

Paul Scott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Riccardo Orfei wrote:

Unfortunately, I am running Lilypond 2.4.2, the Debian Woody version.

That would be Ferenc Wagner's version, right?

Can anybody tell me how to upgrade gracefully from this
version to a newer one?

He has upgraded it to 2.4.5 just a couple of days ago.
apt-get update apt-get install should do it.

Well, I did not. Much worse, hacker activity took down my
whole repository a couple of weeks ago. But I could
probably revive it if there's interest. CVS lacks the
post-2.4.2 tags, but I could probably build the HEAD without
any negative effect...

Yes, please!
I'd rather not compile a full featured package.

Just to straighten my incorrect terminology: I'm trying to
build the tip of the 2.4 branch. Building 2.5 seems
unfeasible on Woody, I'm afraid...

er... we were talking of a 2.4.5 not of a 2.5.x, didn't we?

Cheers,
Ric