Hello Fr Samuel,

It sounds like we are solving almost the same issue with note entry, and
Aaron Hill created a function which basically scales note values so that
they group together nicely. And the clutter from manual scaling is removed
entirely.

However, I am using fixed time (1/4). And to 'force' the spacing, I also
set \override SpacingSpanner.common-shortest-duration = #(ly:make-moment
1/4. This does mean that tweaking lyric spacing becomes necessary,
i.e. \override LyricSpace.minimum-distance = #1, or pushing the final bar
out further programmatically with a suggestion Kieren
provided: \once\override Staff.BarLine.extra-spacing-width = #'(-1 . 0)

The solution Aaron provided me is located in this thread:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2020-10/msg00083.html

And if you want to retain rhythmic signs (such as a dot in the final note
of a phrase)
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2020-10/msg00120.html

Here's a sample of note entry with multi-note neumes (I've aliased the
function to mnn, or multinote neume)
chantNotes.mode-II_cd-d-de-c-def-fe-de-e = \relative c' {
    % 1
    \mnn { c4( d) } \mnn { d4( e) } c \mnn { d( d e) } f \mnn { f( e) }
\mnn { d( e) } e
    \divisioMinima

    % 2
    g \mnn { g( f) } e \mnn { f( e) } d \mnn { e( d) } \mnn { c( d) } d
    \divisioMinor

    % 3
    c \mnn { d( g) } f \mnn { f( e) } d \mnn { d( e) } \mnn { d( c) } c
    \divisioMinima

    % 4
    c d e \mnn { f( e) } d \mnn { e( d) } \mnn { c( d) } d
}

Sample output is attached.

Many thanks,
mattfong