Le 11/05/2021 à 04:03, Ahanu Banerjee a écrit :
I know it is not standard practice, but I am looking for a way to make beams parallel to staff despite the noteheads on either side of the beam having different vertical positions on the staff.

Setting beam damping to a high value reduces the slope substantially, but it doesn't go to zero. Can someone suggest a way to do this?

    \version "2.20.0"
    { \override Beam.damping = #5
      g''8 b b c'' c'' b b g'' }

Thanks,
-Ahanu

Hello,

\override Beam.damping = #+inf.0 is supposed to do the trick. A bug that used to prevent it from working in all cases (not this one though) was fixed in version 2.21.0 (https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/issues/1493).

{
  \override Beam.damping = #+inf.0
  g''8 b b c'' c'' b b g''
}