On 15/09/2021 00:05:33, "Carlos Martinez"
<car...@newsoundmusicstudio.com> wrote:

 > I just copied and pasted the same code into lilypond using Frescobaldi
and got the error. The score does not renders….

OK, so the code itself is not the problem.  This feels to me like an
incompatibility between the LilyPond installation and the operating
system.  Maybe some incompatible library, either because the OS is much
older or newer, or because installation of another program has changed
something unexpectedly.  Or even a hardware problem - but you'd expect
to see other problems in that case.  Such things are hard to deal with
remotely...

 > Now I am using 2.18 instead of 2.23 but I doubt that is the problem…

It isn't; the exact same code compiles on 2.18.2 (the version on the
LilyBin.com site at which you can do compilations on-line).

 >How do you tie chords ? Is it with ~? I thought maybe that was my
problem?

Ties are indicated by ~ and that's that; there cannot be a problem
there.  Chords can be tied on all notes by placing it after the whole
chord, or you can place it after individual notes in the chord for
special requirements.

It's not causing your problem, but why use phrasing slurs:  " \("  "\)?
Plain slurs:  "("  ")" are that bit easier to write and read.  They are,
as far as I know, identical in behaviour - I think phrasing slurs were
simply introduced to get over the restriction that slurs cannot be
nested in a voice.

Paul