> On 22 Sep 2021, at 06:19, Kenneth Wolcott <kennethwolc...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> HI;
>
> How to obtain rehearsal mark alignment directly above a bar line?
>
> I've looked at the results from searching Notation for 'rehearsal mark" and
> the
> break-alignable-interface section.
>
> I'm attaching an image of one rehearsal mark from the score I'm trying
> to engrave from and the resulting image that I have engraved.
>
> The original has the mark centered on the bar line. (earlier image)
>
> My engraving has the mark to the right of the bar line. (latter image)
>
> Thanks,
> Ken Wolcott
> <Screen Shot 2021-09-21 at 21.17.04.png>
> <Screen Shot 2021-09-21 at 21.17.18.png>

By making sure that the rehearsal mark is at a bar division (end of a measure),
see all the samples in the documentation that lay-out just like you want. It
also shows you how you can use the squared boxes if you want to replicate that.
https://lilypond.org/doc/v2.22/Documentation/notation/bars.en.html#rehearsal-marks

Gut feel is that you have the \mark \default currently coded after the first
quaver of the new measure.