On Sat, Nov 27, 2021 at 3:51 AM Valentin Petzel <valen...@petzel.at> wrote:

> Hello Paolo,
>
> The viewer needs to rasterize the svg, how else is it supposed to display
> it?
> Also it’s not you who is supposed to add the image tag, but the svg
> backend.

Hello Valentin,

This is not what I meant. SVG embedded into an <image> tag gets rasterized
regardless of its vector nature, thus producing a blurry or pixeled image
after some transforms are done. Look at the blurry image of the fiddle
inside the link of my previous message:

https://jsfiddle.net/godawnpL/

The embedded svg file is managed as a raster image and this is unwanted
(then it's preferrable to inline the svg tree)

If you want to have a score in some markup, just do
> \markup { bla bla bla \score{ ... } bla bla }

And this is the answer I really required! Thanks!! I got crazy in the past
days trying to create a markup with a fragment of score, and I did not know
that this was possible (and so simple). I sent a message to the ml (
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2021-11/msg00489.html )
about the problem, few days ago, but did not get an answer with a working
solution for it. Thanks again.

There is nothing on this example page
> that would require importing anything.[

> And the problem with your approach of turning an svg into a Lilypond path
> is
> than the lilypond drawing commands are significantly less powerful than
> SVG.
> So you cannot process all graphics files using your method.

Yes and no. I still think it's necessary for what I have to do. I have to
create notes for contemporary scores, where it is very easy to have images
around the fragment of the staff, in addition to the notes. Therefore I
need a tool for making this kind of notes, where the "score" part is, let's
say, 50%. Think for example at clarinet or flute scores, where multiphonics
or special sounds together with special fingerings have to be used.
Normally, an image of the instrument + fingerings + other special symbols
has to be attached both in the score and into the notes on the initial
pages. Of course there are some prebuilt objects for this (
https://lilypond.org/doc/v2.22/Documentation/notation/woodwind-diagrams ),
but I think it's much better to have a tool for making your custom images,
because the shape of these symbols much depend on your particular score,
there's not a shared standard. And these images require paths and nothing
else, they are pretty simple: therefore the set of commands provided by LP
cover completely their concrete drawing on SVG. Just pick a raster image as
a model, then draw paths above its shape with Inkscape, then convert these
paths to LP paths. Then my notes Will be a mixture of a \score part, as you
suggested, and a "path" part made with the procedure I explained.

Best,
Paolo