Hello,

After being faced with LSR 772 (tonguing indications) I thought that the code
was rather messy, so I created a quite short method for repeating stencils for
some rather arbitrary grob.

If you’re interested, check it out. Do you think this of interest for the LSR?

Valentin
\version "2.22.0"

#(define (repeat-stencil n pad)
   (grob-transformer 'stencil
     (lambda (grob orig)
       (fold (lambda (x y) (ly:stencil-combine-at-edge x X RIGHT y pad))
             '() (make-list n orig)))))

tongue =
#(define-music-function (parser location dots) (integer?)
  #{ \tweak stencil #(repeat-stencil dots 0.2) \staccato #})

\relative c' {
  \tuplet 3/2 { \repeat tremolo 3 c8-\tongue #3 }