I need to set a passage for piano which consists of an extended melisma all of
whose notes tie to a chord at the end.  As using actual ties would become an
illegible mess, the composer wrote a laissez vibrer after each note, and then
short "pickup" ties in front of the chord.   I can't see any obvious way to
write these, other than writing each as a tie from the original note and then
shortening them all with a shape for each one - which would be tedious, messy,
and non-robust (as the parameters would need to be adjusted every time the
layout of the score was adjusted).

Is there a better way?

Paul