The tie ~ and number 1 in measure 3 are in the wrong order, the tie should
come after the number.

What happens is that Lilypond, when it sees a pitch or duration alone
interprets it as a new note, with the missing pitch or duration carried over
from the previous note. So g~1 becomes a g with the duration 1 carried over
from the chord before, then a tie and then a whole note (1) with the pitch g
carried over from the note before the tie.
HTH
/Leo