Le vendredi 17 février 2023 à 12:54 -0500, t...@risingdove.com a écrit :
> On 17 Feb 2023 at 18:03, Jean Abou Samra wrote:
>

> > Le vendredi 17 février 2023 à 11:47 -0500, t...@risingdove.com a écrit :
> > After some more investigation, it seems that my problem is not with
> > Frescobaldi, but with Lilypond 2.24.1.
> > The way you start your message, it sounds like you have already told the
> > list about a
> > problem, but I didn't receive anything?
>
> I thought that I had posted before, but I was having some trouble getting
> mail to this list.
>
> > My composition includes this block:
> > \paper {
> >   #(set-paper-size "letter" 'landscape)
> > }
> > The output is in landscape format, but it's displayed sideways. That is,
> > the 8.5x11 page is displayed in portrait format, even though the music in
> > it is in landscape. Apparently something is not being set properly in the
> > PDF file to get it to rotate the page. It's always worked fine before, the
> > output is landscape and is displayed properly.
> > This sideways display appears both in Frescobaldi and in a separate PDF
> > reader, so the problem must be in the PDF.
>
> > Are you sure that it worked differently before?
>
> It has certainly worked properly in the past. I may have missed the exact
> version that started  messing up, but it's difficult to believe that *nobody*
> noticed it. I'm looking at a composition is  version 2.18.2 that displays
> properly in landscape.

I suspect it was this bug fix:

https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/issues/5126

> > For me,
>

> > There is a big difference with
>
> > \paper {
> >   #(set-paper-size "letterlandscape")
> > }
>
> !! That makes it work! I don't get it, it seems to me that the "letter"
> 'landscape is misbehaving.  But, good enough, I'll use "letterlandscape" from
> now on. Thanks!

No, it's not misbehaving, the difference is intentional and
[documented](https://lilypond.org/doc/v2.24/Documentation/notation/paper-size-and-automatic-scaling).

> I have another question. I get five of these messages:
>
> warning: MIDI channel wrapped around
> warning: remapping modulo 16
>
> I am-generating a MIDI file, but the only line in the source file talking
> about MIDI is
>
>   \midi {
>     \tempo 2=100
>   }
>
> in the score block. What's going on.

You cannot have more than 16 channels in a MIDI file, it's a limitation of the
MIDI format. Maybe you have more than 16 staves?