On Sun, Mar 5, 2023 at 9:56 AM Arjen <k.breinb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to switch the vertical stacking order of the upbow symbol and
> the trillspan in the following fragment by overriding the script-priority
> of the upbow symbol.
> The upbow symbol should be the topmost.
>
> \version "2.22.1"
> \relative a'' {
>   g1\startTrillSpan ( ~
>   \once \override Script.script-priority = #1000
>   g2\upbow\stopTrillSpan ~ \acciaccatura fis8 g8 e8)
> }
>

> I tried replacing "Script" with "TextScript", but it did not work either.
> And I tried overriding TrillSpanner.script-priority to -1000 (placing it
> before the g1), which also didn't work.
>
> Can someone please be so kind to explain how to accomplish this?
>
> Regards,
> Arjen

Try using outside-staff-priority instead. Also, I moved your
\stopTrillSpanner over  so it extends underneath the upbow.

\version "2.22.1"

\relative a'' {
  g1\startTrillSpan ( ~
  \once \override Script.outside-staff-priority = #1000
  g2\upbow ~ \acciaccatura fis8\stopTrillSpan g8 e8)
}

Someone else will have to explain why script-priority hasn't any effect.
That would enlighten both of us.

Hope This Helps!
Mark