Le mercredi 26 avril 2023 à 00:02 +0200, Stephan Schöll a écrit :

> @Jean, sorry, of course i forgot the change I wanted to show by swapping the
> section label and the repeat segno lines in the 2nd example. I fixed it in
> this code (snippets A and B).
> In example C I changed section labels to rehearsal marks according to your
> advice. It seems that I still have a flawed understanding of the newly
> introduced section labels (I love semantics in any kind of code...). Let me
> check the docs.

A rehearsal mark (created with `\mark`) is, well, for rehearsal. It's just a
convenient alternative or supplement to bar numbers. A section label
(`\sectionLabel`) tells something about the music. For example, "Coda". This
doesn't just mark a point in the score like "D" does, but implies something
about the musical form. Same with "Intro" or "Chorus".

Rehearsal marks have different default formatting than section labels.

A metronome mark (`\tempo`), also called tempo mark, is for what the name says.
A jump script (`\repeat segno` or `\jump`) indicates a jump in the performance,
typically "Da capo", "Dal segno al coda" or such. The last type of textual
marks is generic text marks (`\textMark` or `\textEndMark`), which are for
everything that doesn't fit in the other categories.

> @Laurie, the segno repeat is new in 2.25.x

Nope, \repeat segno is from 2.23.6 (but the various repeat-related enhancements
around it were gradually introduced across the 2.23 series).

Best,

Jean