Le lundi 05 juin 2023 à 15:34 +0200, Simon Albrecht a écrit :
> However, I can’t say why the right margin isn’t yet known by the time it
> is queried.

Well, don't use “$defaultpaper”, that's the toplevel \paper block, which is
almost always not what you want. If your markup command is used on score level
like with { c'^\markup \margin ... }, it
should be affected \paper settings on \score level. Use “layout” instead (or
another name like “output-def” if you have defined your markup command as
“(margin output-def props ...) (...)”, though the
name “layout” is conventional).

I seem to recall “$defaultpaper” is not normalized which could be why you're
seeing undefined margins, but I didn't check. “layout” is definitely what you
want in this case.

Jean