Hi everyone.

I am engraving a Scriabin prelude in 15/8 time.  I'm having two problems
both related to the tempo of the piece.  Scriabin used a metronome marking
of a dotted quarter note tied to a quarter note = 69 - 72.  I can use
markup and \rhythm to get the notes, but the two notes are too far apart.
I can use two \note keywords to get the two notes close to each other, but
no tie.  So the first question is how do I get the two notes closer.  I've
attached the LilyPond source and a screenshot of my attempts.

Secondly, what's the best way to get the MIDI to play at the correct
tempo?  I'd like to do something like \tempo 5*8 = 69 but of course that
doesn't work.  Right now I have \tempo 8 = 345, which is 69 times five but
is that the best way to do it?

Thanks as always for your input.

--
Knute Snortum