On Wed, Sep 27, 2023 at 8:28 AM Jean Abou Samra <j...@abou-samra.fr> wrote:

> Le mercredi 27 septembre 2023 à 08:22 -0400, Kevin Cole a écrit :
> > And... we have a winner! It's a timidity problem!
>
> From what I can read, it is the expected behavior of timidity, but there
> is a --preserve-silence option to change it.

Yeah, I was getting to that. ;-) Once it became a timidity issue, I
suspected there would be an option to alter that behavior. It just hadn't
occurred to me that timidity would default to happily ignoring the quiet
bits. Especially since most of my problems end up being a misunderstanding
of LilyPond or music theory. So naturally, I defaulted to those as the
source of my troubles.