I can see that it is a complex business constructing a new software package.

I was under the impression that, on 12 Aug 2022, I downloaded lilypong02.20.0
build 20200311175017-darwin-64.tar, unpacked it and ran the package on my
64-bit M2 MacBookAir running Ventura 13.4.1
It ran successfully (once I had satisfied it that GS was ‘safe’. I used it
successfully for a year.

Was there a version (or a build) of 2.20.0 that ran on 64 bit machines? Some
say there was not; I think there was and that I used it.

Beyond this last question I am done. I shall revert to using 2.18 on a old
MacBook that still words; transferriing output to the 64-bit M2 machine for
midi and for printing.  Yours Ian West