ah, even more elegant - didn't find it during my search... thx, Michael!
Hi Johannes,

On Sun, Nov 12, 2023 at 11:01 AM Johannes Roeßler <j...@joei.de> wrote:

    Hi all,

    I managed to place a fermata above a barline, I even managed to
    place it correctly at the end of the line, but now I would like to
    place a fermata sign below the barline (and rotate it 180°) too
    (in the bassvoice of a choir staff group) - simplified example:

    \version "2.24.0"
    \relative c' {
    e1 \break \once \override Score.RehearsalMark.break-visibility =
    #end-of-line-visible \mark \markup { \musicglyph
    #"scripts.ufermata" } \bar "||" e2
    }

There's a code snippet in the Notation Reference that does this.  It's at the bottom of:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.24/Documentation/notation/writing-rests#caesuras
 --
Michael