On Sun, 7 Jan 2024 at 21:35, Joel C. Salomon <joelcsalo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Reposting for clarity as to what I’m asking.
>
> In the second case below, instead of the slur attaching to the specific
note, it moves vertically—I assume, to avoid collision with the duration
dot.  (Though it’s interesting that a tie does not mind overlapping the
dot, as in the fourth case.)

> In the second case, how can I either—
>
> Allow the slur to overlap the dot (the code shown below does not work), or
> Move the left anchor of the slur horizontally past the dot, so they don’t
conflict?

> Obvious searches like [lilypond chord slur dotted note] do not turn up
mention of this, or of any tweak to avoid this.  Any hints?

Hello,

\once \override Dots.avoid-slur = #'ignore
(Dots instead of Slur)

Kind regards,
Xavier