Mark,

Thank you for the suggestion, but as stated previously, I’m trying to reproduce
the original from the Peters edition. The problem, as you point out, is that
the cut C is used in the original. Whether 8/4 or 4/2 (and I agree that 4/2 is
the most reasonable time signature), I was looking for a way of declaring the
cut C.

The included photo is from the piece (# 67. Vater Unser in Himmelreich by
Johann Kyieger, from _80 Choral Preludes_, Edition Peters, No. 4440, Copyright
1947). I think I purchased it some time around 1959.

Stan