On Thu, 18 Jan 2024 at 21:26, Stu McKenzie <swws...@handsmck.com> wrote:

> I often use Lyrics to provide sticking.

Hello,

That would have been my suggestion as well, especially if you want the
sticking to be horizontally aligned.

> The lyrics are below the staff, but this can be changed. Personally, I've
had difficulties putting lyrics above the drum staff when not using markups
like ^"R". Perhaps someone else can show how that's achieved?

Simply put the Lyrics contexts above the DrumStaff context.

\score {
  <<
    \new Lyrics {
      \LyricsOne
    }
    \new Lyrics {
      \LyricsTwo
    }
    \new DrumStaff {
      <<
        \new DrumVoice {
          \voiceTwo
          \Drums

It is also possible to use alignAboveContext, this is especially useful if
you use \lyricsto (with the lyrics after the DrumStaff containing the
DrumVoice) so that you do not need to add explicit durations to the
lyrics/sticking.

Kind regards,
Xavier