Hi Carl, Pierre, Aaron,

 thanks so much for all your help, amazing!

Am Mittwoch, den 14. Februar 2024 um 09:10:59 Uhr (-0700) schrieb Carl Sorensen:

> Is this supposed to be the same thing as circular scrape in chop bowing?
> If so, SMUFL has a glyph defined:
>
> https://w3c.github.io/smufl/latest/tables/chop-percussive-bowing-notation.html
>
> I'd be willing to add such a glyph to LilyPond, if what you're after is the
> same intent as the SMUFL glyph.

These signs seem to indicate a scratching (noisy) sound in different
directions. All these signs actually are/would be very useful for
contemporary playing techniques and the circular bowing sign could be
used for "real" circular bowing as well, although it seems that in
this context it is intended to indicate a noisy sound (with very low
bow pressure). "Real" circular bowing actually is not noise-like but
can be performed with continuous "normal" sound always shifting
between sul tasto and sul ponticello (fewer or less overtones) and I
know it being indicated with the sign I sent in my previous mail.

It nevertheless would be quite handy to be able to use the signs from
SMUFL in lilypond as well and I'd be willing to sponsor or participate
in sponsoring it (would 50,- Euros be ok as a starting point?).

Best,
Orm
Prof. Orm Finnendahl
Komposition
Hochschule für Musik und Darstellende Kunst
Eschersheimer Landstr. 29-39
60322 Frankfurt am Main

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rWha1HTfFE&list=PLiGfneJSWmNw6dTUvcTHbTkCYOOTiB_N6