Dear list,

I am wondering if there is a way to omit footnotes and the text that accompanies them from a score. the reason for this is I am making a critical edition of a baroque trio sonata from a manuscript, and would like to use footnotes for editorial changes in the full score and not show them in the parts.

For example, see the following mwe:

\version "2.25.7"

part = \relative d' {\footnote #'(0.5 . 2) "Example footnote" d4 }

\book {
  \score {
    \new Staff \part

\book {
  \score {
    \new Staff \with {\omit Footnote }\part

In file-1.ly, the footnote number and connecting line is not shown in the score, but the text still appears at the bottom of the page.

Thanks in advance for your help,
-William

--
William Rehwinkel - Oberlin College and Conservatory '24

will...@williamrehwinkel.net

PGP key: https://ftp.williamrehwinkel.net/pubkey.txt