Hi David,

On Wed, Mar 6, 2024 at 10:00 AM David Wells <
drwells.mailingl...@fastmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm working on typesetting some chants with two lines per staff and the
> resulting barlines are too tall. Tiny example:

%< snip >%

> Here, I expect the barlines to be the same height as the staff (i.e., not
> protrude) and I cannot figure out how to make that happen.

The property you'll want to modify here is the bar-extent of BarLine - this
sets the Y-extent of the bar line. Example:

\version "2.24.3"

\score
{
  \relative c'
  {
    \time 9/4
    \slurDown

    \override Staff.StaffSymbol.line-count = #2
    \override Staff.BarLine.bar-extent = #'(-0.5 . 0.5)
    f4(g) a f(g) a(g) g2 |
    f4(g) a f(g) a(g) g2 |
    \break

which produces: