On Tue, 19 Mar 2024 at 13:57, Peter Mayes <pe...@petermayes.org> wrote:

> Being relatively new to this forum, I suspect I am not the first person
> to ask this.
>
> And it is more out of curiosity than necessity.
>
> But does anybody have lilypond code to engrave the famous B.A.C.H. motif
> in the attached image?

Hello,

Years ago, Pierre Perol-Schneider had contributed the following code on the
French-speaking mailing list.
https://lilypond.community/t/est-ce-possible/3672/2

\version "2.18.2"

\markup {
  \combine
  \score {
    {
      \key f\major
      \tweak extra-offset #'(-2 . 0) bes'1
      \clef C
      \override Staff.Clef.stencil =
            #(lambda (grob) (grob-interpret-markup grob
                              #{ \markup\rotate #180 \musicglyph #"clefs.C"
#}))
      \bar ""
    }
    \layout {
      \context {
        \Staff
        \hide TimeSignature
  \rotate #90
  \translate #'(1 . 0)
  \score {
    {
      \key f\major
      \hide bes'1
      \clef mezzosoprano
      \override Staff.Clef.stencil =
            #(lambda (grob) (grob-interpret-markup grob
                              #{ \markup\rotate #180 \musicglyph #"clefs.C"
#}))
      \bar ""
    }
    \layout {
      \context {
        \Staff
        \hide TimeSignature
        \override KeySignature.stencil =
            #(lambda (grob) (grob-interpret-markup grob
                              #{ \markup\musicglyph #"accidentals.natural"
#}))

Kind regards,
Xavier