I'm using \transpose pretty heavily, and I'm running into an issue I don't
quite know how to solve. I'm aware of the \naturalizeMusic hack described
in the LilyPond documentation. I'm looking for something similar, but for
key signatures. When a \key specification gets transposed, I would like to
intervene to force the processor to choose the enharmonic equivalent with
the smallest signature. For example, if a transposed key ends up being G#
major, I would like to use Ab major instead, or if the key ends up as Db
minor I would prefer to use C# minor. Just take the key with the least
number of sharps or flats. In the case of exactly six sharps or six flats,
my preference in my application would be flats instead of sharps, because I
am working mostly with jazz musicians, but I understand that some might
prefer sharps and some might have no preference. I've searched a little bit
for an answer to this, but I haven't found it yet.