On Wed, Apr 10, 2024 at 2:02 PM Hans Åberg <haber...@telia.com> wrote:

> There is actually one example of a naturally occurring meter, meaning it
> is used regularly, where such a sub-beaming might be useful, namely, a form
> of the Čoček in 9/8, 9 = 2+2+2+3, where 3 = 1+2. I wrote it as 2+2+2+1+2,
> but it would be nice to write it as 2+2+2+(1+2).
>
> If I write
>   \time 9/8
>   \set beatStructure = 2,2,2,3
>   \set subdivideBeams = ##t
> then it ends up with all 2 = 1+1, and 3 = 1+1+1.
>
> So such examples may occur even if there is not a composer trying to do
> something special.

So in the following, I think I get what you call 2+2+2+3, but unfortunately
I don't get 3 = 1+2.  Do you agree with this statement?

I have made it a little better, because the 2 are all 2, but the three is
just 3 (not 1+2)

\version "2.25.11"
{
   \time 9/8
   \set beatStructure =  #'(2 2 2 3)
   \set subdivideBeams = ##t
   \set minimumBeamSubdivisionInterval = \musicLength 4
   \repeat unfold 18 a'16
}

Carl