On Tue, Apr 16, 2024 at 1:01 PM Gerardo Ballabio <gerardo.balla...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello all,
> I'm trying to typeset a percussion score with several instruments on
> the same staff. When they play simultaneous notes I want to line them
> up all on the same stem, like this (output attached, percussion1.pdf):
>
> [...]
>
> But I'd like to write down each part separately, so that I may also
> print the single parts without redoing everything. And I also want to
> use different note heads for each instrument.
>

> [...]
>
> But as you can see (output attached, percussion2.pdf) the three notes
> aren't aligned on the same stem, only two of them are.
>
> I tried \partCombine, it works nicely with two parts, but if there's a
> way to combine three or more I didn't find it.

The way I'd do it is to explicitly write the voices you wanted in each
part.  If you want them all to be stemDown and on one stem, try voiceTwo
for them all:

bassDrum = \relative {
  \voiceTwo
  s1 |
  s2 b2-> |
  s1 |
  s2 b2-> |
}

cymbals = \relative {
  \voiceTwo
  \override NoteHead.style = #'xcircle \stemDown
  s1 |
  s2 f'2 |
  s1 |
  s2 f2 |
}

tamTam = \relative {
  \voiceTwo
  \override NoteHead.style = #'cross \stemDown
  s1 |
  s2 e2 |
  s1 |
  s2 e2 |