On Sat, Apr 20, 2024 at 4:17 AM Hajo Baess <ha...@posteo.de> wrote:

> If I do this, I get other unwanted results - see screenshot. The
> problem is that I am switching back and forth between scaled and non-
> scaled rhythm. And as you will notice, the 6/4 only appears in the
> piano staff and  n o t   in the top parts. And the 3/4 also does not
> appear (although I think it should) in the top part like in bars 195
> and 197...
>
> Is there no simple way to just toggle "\override
> Score.TimeSignature.stencil = ##f " ?

Simpler than

  \override Score.TimeSignature.stencil = ##f
  \override Score.TimeSignature.stencil = ##t

?

You could use

  \omit Score.TimeSignature

instead of

  \override Score.TimeSignature.stencil = ##f

and use

  \undo  \omit Score.TimeSignature

for

  \override Score.TimeSignature.stencil = ##t

If you wanted to shorten it more, you could put this at the top of your
file:

  stopTimeSignature = \omit Score.TimeSignature
  startTimeSignature = \undo \omit Score.TimeSignature

Then you could use

  \stopTimeSignature <music> \startTimeSignature

in your file.

--
Knute Snortum