On Mon, 22 Apr 2024 at 21:48, Kenneth Wolcott <kennethwolc...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi;
>
>   I've made a simple mistake but I can't figure out what I did wrong.
>
> At bar #36 the first text spanner starts. I think that's correct.  But
> the piano articulation should be a bar earlier? But that also seems
> correct.  How can all of these three "facts" be true without a
> contradiction? Perhaps it is a spacing issue that needs to be tweaked?
>
> The original pdf, my engraving and the Lilypond source are attached.

Hello,

Your TextSpanner starts at the beginning of bar #37 and is displayed above
the staff, that's what you have in your code as well.
Is there a particular reason why you don't use a DynamicTextSpanner
(command \cresc) for these cresc. ?
And why you put your dynamics in a separate variable but not these textual
crescendi ?
And using a Dynamics context seems an overkill for me in this case (I use
them only for PianoStaff-likes).

Kind regards,
Xavier