Hello,  I have a case where I'm putting together something will be mostly chordnames and lyrics with a few music expression hints needed here and there.

I've been able to get most of what I want using \markup.  The only issue I've come across is that the inserted markup seems to also add to the lyric duration and impacts the bar check. I've also found that the previous lyric duration impacts the music expression note duration.  So clearly the expression is not an independent piece.  I've been able to work around this by accounting for the extra duration in the total for the measure. But is there a way to insert an expression that is only a hint and note actually part of the measure?  Also is there a way to move the markup above the lyrics and would that take it out of the duration?  Attached below is some sample code and the resulting output.

Walt

\version "2.24.2"

myChords = \chordmode {
  c1 | f | g | c
}

myLyrics = \lyricmode {
  Here2 are4 some |
  \markup {\score { \relative c'' {c d e f }}} lyrics _ _ |
  to4 this song. _ |
}

\score {
  <<
    \new ChordNames
    \with {
      \override BarLine.bar-extent = #'(0 . 2)
      \consists "Bar_engraver"
    }
    \myChords
    \new Lyrics \myLyrics