Hi Jeff.

I've been using VSLilypond for VSCode for a while now and I found a
solution for the annoying lack of refresh of the PDF output. It is here:
https://github.com/lhl2617/VSLilyPond-PDF-preview/pull/118
Basically you have to edit a file of the Lilypond PDF preview extension
(~/.vscode/extensions/lhl2617.lilypond-pdf-preview-0.2.8/out/extension/pdf-preview.js)
and, look for "watcher.onDidChange" and add a similar construction for
using "watcher.onDidCreate". And it works flawlessly.
I think the owner of VSLilypond is not maintaining this project anymore. So
this is not merged in the extension you can download and should be done by
hand.

Regards,

F.