On Thu, May 9, 2024 at 6:27 AM Kris Van Bruwaene <kr...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Thanks for your contributions. They inspired me to an easy bypass: ties
> may not work between staves, but slurs do, and the difference is not really
> conspicuous. Result attached.

That's great!  I'd change one thing -- not related to cross-staves ties.
In the right-hand set of temporary voices, third voice, I'd start with
\voiceFour instead of \voiceThree.  Now the need for \stemDown \slurDown
goes away:

  \new Voice { \voiceFour % ties (actually slurs) between staves
      s2 b2( \change Staff = "down" \voiceOne b4) \change Staff = "up" s4 %
2
  }

Also, just for future reference, if you just have one slur or tie (or other
things like fematas) to change up or down, you can use the direction
indicators:

  b2_( % slur down
  b2^( % slur up

--