As a sax playing, big band copyist Lilypond user I think that's a great
suggestion.Laurie SavageSent from my Galaxy
-------- Original message --------From: Tim Giles <tim...@gmail.com> Date:
14/5/24  8:02 pm  (GMT+10:00) To: lilypond-user@gnu.org Subject: Scoop (jazz
notation) Hi All, I have been looking for a way to write "scoops", a fairly
common effect in saxophone jazz.  This is written as an upwards curve before
the note head, and indicates that the note starts low and quickly slides
upwards to the written pitch.Paul Scott posted a script which can notate this a
couple of years
ago:https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2022-12/msg00313.htmlAs
this effect is quite commonly used, I wondered if there was any interest in
getting this mark added to Lilypond's built-in articulations? -Tim