 From:   Aaron Hill <lilyp...@hillvisions.com>
 To:   Giles Boardman <giles.board...@hotmail.co.uk>
 Cc:   <lilypond-user@gnu.org>
 Sent:   18/05/2024 17:18
 Subject:   Re: Cry for help - lost plot ....

On 2024-05-18 8:49 am, Giles Boardman wrote:
> \score {
>
> … music …
>
>   \layout { }
>   \midi { }
> }
>
> Please, someone help me while I still have a little hair left to pull
> out on a later occasion :-}

\score basically expects just one "music".  You are providing many
"musics".  The question is how you want to handle it.

Normally, we have simultaneous music where the parts are meant to run in
parallel.  But you can also do sequential music.

So, this means your \score block should have one of these two patterns:

%%%%
\score {
   <<
     ...simultaneous music...