On Mon, Jun 10, 2024 at 12:22 AM bobr...@centrum.is <bobr...@centrum.is>
wrote:

> It's preferable if you don't manually edit the config file and you set
> Inkscape with the GUI. Just click on TOOLS -> "Set configuration
> parameter". Then enter "inkscape-exec" as the parameter to configure, then
> enter "path/to/inkscape.exe" as the value.
> For example, on my laptop Inkscape is installed in "C:\Program
> Files\Inkscape\bin\inkscape.exe", therefore "C:\Program
> Files\Inkscape\bin\inkscape.exe" is the value to insert. Don't forget to
> restart the server and check on the Server log if the path has been
> accepted. You should see some lines like:
>
> 2024-06-09 20:55:18 [I] Found configured Inkscape executable: C:\Program
> Files\Inkscape\bin\inkscape.exe
> 2024-06-09 20:55:18 [I] Trying to execute "C:\Program
> Files\Inkscape\bin\inkscape.exe --version" command...
> 2024-06-09 20:55:25 [I] Inkscape 1.3.2 (091e20e, 2023-11-25, custom)
> 2024-06-09 20:55:25 [I]
> 2024-06-09 20:55:25 [S] ...The command succeeded
>
> I tried it on Windows too and it worked fine but let me know if you still
> experience issues.
>

> Ah!  Yes, I was aware that it is not normal to edit such configuration
> files 'manually' (it didn't work anyway) but I was at a loss as to what to
> do.  Thanks!  I got the proper response from the Spontini server.  That
> said, however, it still failed after a restart of both the server and the
> web interface:
>

> 2024-06-09 22:11:00 [E] Exception in ASGI application
> 2024-06-09 22:11:00 [E]
> ???

Can you tell me:

1) The version of Inkscape you're currently using
2) The version of Spontini-Editor you're currently using
3) The path where Inkscape is installed. e.g:  C:\Program
Files\Inkscape\bin\inkscape.exe

Also:

4) redo the "Set configuration parameter" operation and send me the
saved-config.txt file WITHOUT restarting the server.
5) send me saved-config.txt file that is generated after restarting the
server

> On the other hand, I've found that I can simply switch to PDF mode and I
> get the PDF as output.

Yeah, but I don't suggest it, otherwise you have to continuously switch
from SVG to PDF mode...

>> In the 'Tools' drop-down menu there is no way to choose jsShape.  I've
>> resorted to using jsTweak and then editing it to jsShape in the input file.
>>

> Why do you need this inside the Tools drop-down menu? It should be easier
> and quicker to use the one provided by the menu in the SVG drawing (Shape
> -> cpts). In any case, if you show me possible advantages in adding it in
> the Tools menu, I can add it. Let me know...
>

> Oh, it's in the SYMBOLS group.  Now that I know where it is it's easy.  As
> for why I thought having it in the Tools menu would be expected, there are
> other tools there under the 'JSSVG' heading.  After seeing some of the
> examples of \js<SOMETHING> I concluded that \jsShape would (should?) be
> there as well.

There's that command in the SYMBOLS group, but I didn't mean that. You
should use the command "Shape -> cpts" which is in the SVG __drawing__.
Look at this video:

https://github.com/paopre/Spontini/blob/master/documentation/images/intro.gif

After compiling the file, Just click on the slur in the svg drawing, then
right click with the mouse: a drop-down menu will appear and you can choose
the "Shape -> cpts" command. This is the quickest and easiest way to use
the editor.
Let me know if you managed to get it working...

Hope this helps!
Paolo