> I have thought of a probably better solution. Currently, if
> `minimumBeamSubdivisionInterval` > `maximumBeamSubdivisionInterval`,
> the algorithm basically pretends that `subdivideBeams` is false.
> What if I change the behavior of that case such that you can add
> `maximumBeamSubdivisionInterval = \musicLength 16` to your example
> for your desired output?  Not sure if it's as simple as removing
> this check in an if statement.

The simpler, the better :-)

> Even though you want this special subdivision at just one point in
> your example, do you have examples where this special subdivision
> occurs at multiple points in the same beam? My former suggestion
> acts as a offset of # of beamlets for every subdivision, this
> suggestion acts as a bound on # of beamlets.

OK, here are some scans that I've found.  As you can see, this kind of
subdivision is not so special as previously assumed.

* Jehan Alain, trois danses – Deuils (for organ), (publisher: Leduc)

* Prokofiev, piano sonata 7, op. 83, second movement (publisher:
  Muzgiz)

* Rachmaninov, piano concerto 3, op. 30, third movement (publisher:
  Gutheil)

    Werner