On 22-Oct-05, at 10:08 AM, Bart Diels wrote:

I would like to use "long term" and "short term" crescendos and decrescendos
simultaneously, but I cannot find out how to.

What I am trying to get, apart from those two crescendo-descrescendos, is a
long underlying crescendo form a to a. How can that be achieved?

I would print _\markup{ \italic \bold cresc } in addition to the hairpin \< \>. If you want to print two hairpins at once, I think you'd need to fake it with an extra invisible staff or something weird like that.

Cheers,
- Graham